Marketing trends continue to shift to digital because consumers are on their tablets and phones searching the products and services they need. Customers compare providers and learn who to trust based on navigation ease, value, entertainment, and expertise offered on each mobile website.
To keep up with site visitors, website page load times must be faster for better performance and keep people engaged with content longer. Technology offers many options to market your business, generate leads, and engage existing and potential customers.
Design and digital marketing trends for 2021 usher in new color palettes and design elements that integrate a sense of nature along with a fresh awareness and gratitude for life. After a challenging year, we’re also ready to depend more on automation with artificial intelligence (AI) to work smarter, not harder, using the right tools to reach the consumer with intention and purpose. The user experience (UX) has become paramount.
Shifting Your Brand in 2021
Now and then, an unexpected tweak of color or imagery can freshen up a website. Rather than reworking the entire design, you may only need to update the images, button colors, or background visuals using the latest UX design trends. Start by asking yourself five questions.
1. What is your brand strategy? Maybe you want a new look, elevate your style, or highlight what has changed in the business. You might be trying to gain new customers or attract a new audience. You’ll need to realign your strategy with what they want.
2. What elements of your brand, colors, fonts, and imagery are essential? By identifying static parts of the design, you can focus on the website aspects that can be updated or changed.
3. Have you planned for new images? Get ready for a photoshoot by deciding on a location, background, activity, or clothes. Brainstorm creative ways to bring the image of your brand to life.
4. How do you want the new design to look? Reach out to your webmaster or graphic designer and explain what you want to accomplish. Ask them to review your website and brand and recommend options to move forward.
5. What are your digital marketing tools? What new functions could you use to engage consumers and work smarter in your business? Develop a strategy for rolling out new tools, or see if you can access more features in your current applications to take full advantage.
SEO and UX Design
Search algorithms are constantly evolving. When it comes to user experience (UX) design techniques, digital experiences and customer journeys from the user’s perspective is a best practice and a central ranking factor. Marketers and business owners can easily check their UX health to quantify aspects of their website user experience, including load time and interactivity. This makes UX just as important as on-page/off-page SEO.
50% of consumers won’t purchase from a poorly designed brand, and over 33% of smartphone users will immediately find another site if they don’t get what they expected. – Think With Google
Customers are asking for speed, ease, and convenience from any location and on any device. That means business owners should invest in making sure their websites are designed with the latest UX perspective. For every $1 invested in UX, you get $100 in return. – Forrester Combined with more off-page and technical SEO strategies, content can rank higher, which means better search visibility.
8 UX Design Trends for 2021
This year’s designs include a fun variety of colors, images, and shapes. They should use monochrome and duo-tone colors to offset the increase in illustrations and other complex graphics. This way designers can spend more time on each element, and consumers won’t be bombarded with a cluttered mixture of design features. Ask your marketing consultant about:
1. Incredibly lifelike 3D visuals combined with photos and flat illustrations.
2. Movement using animation to engage viewers longer for a better bounce rate.
3. Emojis that lighten the mood by communicating feelings with creative techniques.
4. Illusion design to let consumers interact as they commit your brand to memory.
5. Popular typography from 2020 updated to 3D, ultra-realistic lettering.
6. Custom cartoon characters for branding websites and other promotional media.
7. Gold accents in matte, shiny, and reflective effects to gild everyday items.
8. Vintage style typography in a chaotic mix of letters and words.
Where are color trends going?
Colors are moving away from white to create a sense of calm that is warm, inviting, and visually entertaining. Classic black and white is used for the look of an old movie and an atmosphere where other effects such as shadows, animation, shapes, and text can stand out. A combination of yellow and gray can bridge the gap between warmer and cooler colors. Other ideas include teal green, peach, or brown tones for an organic, natural feel. Soft earthy tones, gradient color schemes, and flowing lines create a minimalist look that can include textures in wood, stone, and more.
In 2021, differentiate from competitors and add live videos, stories, and animation to enhance user experience. Graphic design is a world that is experiencing unbelievable growth, and user experience (UX) design trends will keep your business relevant. So, possibly add some movement with animation, throw in some simple graphics, or add some 3D effects with textured backgrounds, images, and fonts inspired by nature.
To know you are connecting with your consumer, goals can be tracked through performance metrics and KPIs. When changes are necessary, marketers adapt quickly to position you at the top of your brand and industry.